Friday, July 16, 2010

On the Road - North Carolina

And, so begins our journey north...we left at 4 am (yes, OMG! 4 am!)...okay, it was 4:09 when we pulled out of the driveway last Saturday morning. We were bent on getting to Weaverville, NC late that afternoon so that I could meet up with my girlfriend whom I haven't seen in like 23 years. I think it's kind of neat that one of Roger's oldest friends lives in Weaverville and so does one of mine!

So, we arrived around 5-ish, and Tracey came to pick me up for our catch-up dinner. Roger and the boys stayed at Ronnie & Ginny's house for dinner and decompressed from our long trip. I decompressed with a massive frozen margarita - 25 ounces! It was a good thing that Tracey was driving!

We had a great dinner, and we agreed to get together the next day so that our children could meet - Tracey's daughter, Isabella, is just a few weeks younger than Jed. Of course, I quickly realized that it is difficult to throw three kids together and just expect them to play - it was hard enough to get them to stand close enough to each other to get a photograph! But, we did, and here it is (in a few different poses)!
We decided to take off and go to the park, hoping to entertain the children a little more. They had very friendly ducks at this park, and at one point, they were all headed for Roger...
The kids at least had something to do at the park, and Tracey and I were able to catch up a little more before saying our farewells. Here we are...
Back at Ronnie & Ginny's the boys continued to work out their energy (one wonders where they get it!!). Ronnie turned on the sprinkler, and the boys were at it with Ronnie's grandsons.
Then, we walked down the hill to visit the neighbor's donkeys, Eeyore and Oreo. Oreo (the darker one) is Eeyore's daughter.
Then, I got into the picture...but Eeyore had a thing about my pocket...I was trying to move away from her and pull Kit away from her too!
The boys really enjoyed the donkeys...
Then, they sampled a few of the tractors around there...
After two nights, it was time to move on to Dane & Debbie's in Virginia... Thanks to Ronnie & Ginny for putting us up and putting up with us...

No comments: