Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Heading Down Under

On July 27, 2009, the Traveling Family Cohen set out for a looonnnnggg (read: OMG! what are we thinking??!!) trip to visit our Australian friends and "family" for 2 weeks.

Onkel Lutz and Tia Amanda (and Hennes - their Chocolate Lab) house-sat and dog-sat for us. So, Onkel Lutz took us to the airport that morning. I can't begin to tell you how difficult it was putting on long pants and long sleeves knowing I had to step out into the disgusting Florida humidity to get to the airport...

All went well with the check-in, and we stopped to get the boys a bite to eat before getting on the first of our 3 planes that would take us to Oz. While we were sitting there having our bite, Roger's cell phone rang, and it was Uncle GG calling from their car on their way back to Florida from Arkansas. Both of the boys wanted to talk to her, but I wasn't quick enough with getting the camera out to capture both of them talking to her; however, I did get this one of Kit while he was speaking to her on the phone - the face he is making is priceless! Believe it or not, it was a happy conversation!
So, now I will begin with chronicling our trip to Australia - I took 227 pictures and one video. Are ya ready, Mates?

We boarded the plane, and Roger took a picture of me and the boys in our first seating arrangement - which happened to be the one that we most often had as we were never able to sit 4 across on any flight. Lucky Roger, huh? In his defense, he did offer to sit with the boys (rather than alone across the aisle), but I refused as it would have been, for me, like traveling with 3 children when the kids asked for the first snack, toy, or whatever. Roger doesn't deal well with these demands - he tells me it's because he didn't pack the bag. Whatever. So, here we are on our first leg of 3 flights.
Honestly, the boys were pretty good travelers - especially Jed. He was a traveling angel. Kit...not so much, but I didn't drug him, and he's only 3 after all. He did okay, but he doesn't like being told what to do, so we had difficulty a few times when the seatbelt sign went on, and he went off!

No comments: