Friday, October 31, 2008

Our Visit with Ruby

We managed to fit in a visit with our good friend, Ruby, while we were in Maryland. Ruby's husband, Bill, was my stepfather's (Jesse's) best friend. I still can't see Bill without getting choked up even though Jesse has been gone now for 5 years. Ruby has always been very interested in the boys, and we have stayed in touch the old-fashioned way - writing letters!

The day that we visited Ruby, I picked up Nina and took her with us. It wasn't long before we had to break out the Color Wonder books (the markers only mark on the special paper). Well, Ruby and Nina really enjoyed those Color Wonder books!
The boys wanted to sport their pirate looks for Ruby - Kit put his eye patch on upside down!
Another friend of the family's, Cookie, came over to see the boys while we at Ruby's, so I was able to try to get a group shot. This was the best of three!

No comments: