Along the way, Jim said that there was a park where you could view the manatees (next to a power plant - they come in for the warmer water). So, we stopped briefly to view the manatees and saw at least three! Here's one...can you see it?? Kind of in the middle to the left a little...
Here are the boys with Grandpa Jimmy...
And, Kit insisted that I take their picture in front of the manatee...
It was good that Jim came along for the trip over and that we went over when we did because by the time we got there, I had almost no voice left. I thought I was coming down with a cold, but I found out this week that it was actually a sinus infection (so at least I didn't contaminate their house too!). Upon arrival, we were greeted by Susan with CAKE! A French Vanilla Bean cake with strawberry frosting...the boys and I dove right in!
Susan and Jim were going to take the boys to see Gnomeo & Juliet that night, but as you see below...someone was tired...
Kit even retreated to "their" room to relax and watch some TV...
Again, thank goodness I was there and that Susan & Jim are so wonderful with the boys. It truly was a vacation/break for me. They happily took over my Mommy responsibilities - so I was able to go to sleep at 7:30 that night (with the help of my friend, Nyquil). I slept so well, and I didn't have to worry about the kids or the dogs...it was true bliss in my book!But, surprisingly, the world didn't stop when I went to bed...Jim got out his guitar, and now he has new groupies...Meggie seemed especially taken with the vibe...
Alas, we had to leave the NEXT morning. But, before we left, the boys still got in a bike ride AND some fishing with Grandpa Jimmy.
Fortunately, my voice was coming back to me (shew again!) by the time we left. (I finally got antibiotics on Wednesday last week and am on the mend.) We had a fantastic time all in our own ways...the boys played, and I rested. Thanks much Uncle GG & Grandpa Jimmy! You are AWESOME!



No comments:
Post a Comment