Okay, of course, my title is, in itself, inappropriate, but it's all about timing...and the timing was during Hanukkah. Roger's nephew (and mine, technically - even though he's older than I), Dov, who lives in Maine, e-mailed us on Monday night to tell us that he had gone to the docks and met the lobsta man himself and gotten us SEVEN Maine lobstas - they don't get much fresher than that! He said that we should expect them between 12-1 on Tuesday. Well, they arrived early - at 10. Unfortunately, the delivery man dropped the box, rang the bell, and left...so here's what we saw when we opened the door: The dogs showed such restraint... And, while they were on ice (with their very own seaweed - now THAT'S fresh!), they were still ALIVE!! Jed was so excited about the lobsters...he wanted to see what was happening at every step. (And, yes, it was hot down here which is why Roger is sweaty!) Of course, I have a problem with meeting and eating....you know, meeting my food before I eat it. I steered clear of them so as not to bond by looking into those beady little eyes...I had to prepare the side dishes for dinner, so I was trying hard to finish up before they started screaming...fortunately (for me), they didn't scream at all. Roger with his freshly cooked lobstah...Jed couldn't wait to eat them! And, here they are at the table - Roger getting them ready for me and for Jed. Kit refused to have any - he had filet mignon instead. Is this a happy kid or what?? Thanks Dov for sending such a yummy dinner (and giving us something else to blog about!)! Dov said he made a video diary of getting lobsters from Maine to Florida, so hopefully, I can post that someday! What an AWESOME gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment