I've got a few odds and ends of pictures that I took for the blog, and I just need to post them, so here goes. First we'll start out with Kit in his newest jammies - Lightning McQueen. Unfortunately, the flash kind of whited his face out, but you still get to see the jammies and his new "doo." Do you think he likes them??

Next, we move on to our baby palm tree. When Dane helped us out with the house in early December, he picked up coconuts from other yards in the neighborhood while he and Roger walked the dogs. Dane told us how to plant them - or at least how he thought we were supposed to plant them to make them grow into palm trees. We were all skeptical I think. But, we planted 3 of them in various places in our yard. And lo and behold - we have a palm tree growing from one of them now. Here it is...notice that there is an inscription on the coconut itself.

Now, we move on to our pineapple plant. Who knew? We get most of our plants from the county jail - great prices! Anyway, when we were there 2 weeks ago getting a yard-full of plants, I noticed that they had 5 or 6 pineapple plants! They were
SO cool! Of course, I had to have one! So, we now have one in our yard next to our patio. The boys think it's pretty cool too, and I think it's nice that they can watch it grow, and someday, hopefully, we'll get to eat it!

I went back up to Maryland to my farm yesterday, and I took my camera with me intending to take pictures to share with everyone, but alas, I forgot to TAKE the pictures. So, that post will have to wait until later in June. The farm is beautiful, though, and I look forward to sharing those with you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment