Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Playground & Lunch

It really was a busy day today. After the fire station tour, I took the boys up to the TV playground just up the street. Some of the other MOTV went too, so there were other kids there for the boys to play with. Kit attempted this scary-looking thing several times but never made it further than this (Roger says that when he takes the boys, Kit actually does go all the way up).
This next picture is just so fantastic - in my opinion - the lighting behind Jed, the smile on his face...did I say that I love this picture??
I thought it was quite amusing to see Kit's reaction to getting mulch in his Crocs. He was none too pleased with the feeling (and who would be). Of course, Jed kept playing like a trooper, but Kit took a time out in the plastic tunnel to regroup and get his feet right again...I took several shots so you could see how this plays out.

Finally, he was good to go. And, by then, because of the humidity and the no-see-ums biting at me (maybe it was just the humidity), I was ready to go. Besides, we had decided to take the boys out for lunch. Kit has been asking for a week now to go to the Waffle House. Recently, while I was away overnight for the MK conference in Orlando, Roger took the boys there for breakfast. It was a real hit - especially with Kit (this child would eat waffles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if you'd let him!). Roger has Jed calling it the "Awful House." So, your feet stick to the floor...whatever...they have waffles. We ran home, the kids jumped in the shower to wash off the playground and stickiness, and we were off.

True to form, Kit had a waffle and chocolate milk (also a special treat to be had ONLY at the Waffle House), and Jed went with eggs sunny-side up and toast with chocolate milk. Surprisingly, they both ate 90% of their meals. I say only 90% because Roger helped Jed a little with his (I admit to having some of his hashbrown), and Jed helped Kit with his waffle. They really did well.
Kit was so animated about and tickled with the whole experience, he basically just oozed with joy (if one can actually ooze such an emotion). But, I thought it was cute when we were leaving that Jed commented to Roger that we left money on the table - the tip, of course. I was surprised that he mentioned it as this is certainly not the first time we've taken the boys out to eat - and certainly not the first time we've left a tip - but I suppose that maybe we just add it to the credit card more often than not. Either way, I'm glad to see that he's paying attention.

1 comment:

Jim Connell said...

Them boys sure take after their Grandpa Jimmy. Ha! W(awful) house is one of my favorite eatin' places.