Susan had prepared for having the kids over this weekend. She found this paint-with-water book - the boys LOVED it and painted at least 5 pages each! Look at how focused they both are!
While the dogs were pleased to be in on the family mini-break, Max still wanted Roger's undivided attention. However, after a long day on the road (and even lots before that), Roger was exhausted. Max eventually started barking at Roger, a very unusual thing for an otherwise non-vocal dog.
Saturday morning, Jim took the boys to the lake fishing right outside their back door. I took this picture through their screen wall (which is why it's hazy). The boys fished both Friday night AND Saturday morning - but, they only got nibbles. Of course, I was happy they didn't encounter any alligators (yes, they have them there).
Then, we headed downtown late Saturday morning to ride on the free trolley and get something to eat. I still don't know why Jed gets silly when I break out the camera, but here he is doing it yet again. Note that Jim has a facial injury just above his eye - that was from our car. The doors are kind of pointed and they bounce back. I'm just happy that it didn't get him in the eye!
We ate at a Mexican restaurant - Rocco's Tacos - which may explain why I have the short, squat look going on here...but, doesn't Susan look lovely in that berry-shaded sweater??!! You work it girlfriend! We were finally able to separate Kit from his Wall-E raincoat...
So there we were waiting for the free trolley again, and they had this beautiful bench that the boys sat on...Susan felt a blog moment coming on, so I couldn't disappoint.
This has the look of a staged photo...wind machine, everyone look to the right...
Upon returning home, Roger and I were in need of naps - why I'm not sure, but Jim & Susan were entertaining the kids, so we were covered. When I got up, Susan was out on their lanai with Jed in the hammock. He was having a great time...
Then, it was Kit's turn...
And, after such a long day, Susan & Jim offered to babysit the boys (and dogs) while Roger and I went OUT! OMG! Like, alone??!! I'm not sure we remembered how, but we ran out the door quickly before they changed their minds...okay, it didn't really happen like that, but we were grateful to them for the offer, and because Jim had taken the boys to fly kites (which they enjoyed immensely), we didn't have time to bathe them, so Roger and I got out of all of the parental duties that evening! Woo-hoo! We went to dinner (at the Philly Cheesesteak joint - how romantic!), and then we went to a movie - can't tell you the last time we did that! It was great. And the boys had a good time - even though they weren't asleep by the time we got home. We forgot to tell Susan & Jim that you can't read stories to both of them together (they get too wild). But, all was well, and they went to bed quickly without much fuss. And, Roger and I had a nice time out without our little ones. Thanks again Susan & Jim!We had promised the boys yesterday that we would go out for breakfast this morning - so where else do you go but to IHOP (International House of Pancakes)?! Here is everyone (but me) at the table.
After a yummy, albeit calorie-ridden breakfast, we headed back to pack up and get ready to head home. We had such a nice time spending a relaxed weekend with Susan & Jim, and we know that the boys had a great time. Kit was whining before and after we left that he didn't want to leave - always a sign of a good time. I'm sure that we'll see even more of Uncle GG & Grandpa Jimmy in the future. Thanks again guys!



No comments:
Post a Comment