Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Finally - Our Kitchen!!

I said that I wasn't going to post anymore pictures until they really DID finish our kitchen...it was just finished yesterday! There is one detail that is not yet complete - the switchplates - but they're on order. So, without further ado...here's our new kitchen (and four weeks later, we're very pleased with it). The right side pantry area (the left side is floor to ceiling cabinets).
My cooking area...
I guess I should have taken the dishes out of the drainer before taking the picture, but hey, you're just lucky this week to GET pictures! This is the other side with the sink, etc. I'm so glad we opted for the display shelves on the end. Please ignore the dog food bin under them!
Now with the kitchen finished, we've already begun the process of renovating the guest bathroom downstairs and the boys' bathroom upstairs. We've been picking out countertops, cabinet colors, paint, and fixtures the last few days. The contractor plans to begin both bathrooms at once on February 23rd. It is my hope that these can be finished within a week - I mean, hey, they're MUCH smaller than the kitchen with NO appliances, right??!!

No comments: