Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gingerbread House

Roger and I saw a Gingerbread House Kit at the grocery store (I mean, gee, they have everything in the U.S.!) yesterday, and I thought it would be something nice to do with the boys. They were very excited about it. Last year, Jed's preschool class in Berlin went to a place where they made them, but Kit has never done one. So we begin...Jed is such a ham - and he's debuting his new hair doo (flipped up in front with product!).
Of course, they quickly realized that the icing was quite tasty...and the decorations were even better! I probably should have saved this activity for AFTER dinner!Kit has really blossomed lately, and he was very focused on placing his decorations - at least the ones he wasn't eating!
For a brief moment the boys got serious about their decorating, then came the begging to eat the house! But, again, we hadn't had dinner yet!! Note to self next year...do the gingerbread house AFTER the meal...

Oh, and you might notice that the boys have stickers on their shirts - or maybe you didn't. They had their first dental appointments in Florida yesterday morning. They both got good reports - no cavities! Woo-hoo! I feel like we passed some kind of parental test! Actually, we were both surprised that Kit cooperated. We took them to a children's dentist - parents aren't allowed to go back with the kids. When the boys were returned to us, they looked like they had been to the fair - both had two strands of Mardi Gras beads around their necks and goodie bags with cool toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, etc. And, best of all, both were smiling and happy about their visits. Okay, now, back to the gingerbread house...
I thought this was a cute picture.
Ta-da!
Then, I tried to get them to pose with their creation...here are 3 shots...not one good one! But, at least they had a good time and I think they did a pretty good job on decorating their gingerbread house - I'm probably biased, though.

1 comment:

Dottie said...

adorable, you have got to get on facebook! class of 89 has some stuff goin on!