Friday, December 19, 2008

Boys' Holiday Program

Today the boys had their Hanukkah Program at school just before their Hanukkah parties. Obviously, if you didn't already guess, the boys are enrolled in a Jewish Preschool. We really enjoyed the program. This time Kit was able to participate with the rest of his class. His class sang a song that I think was titled, Macabee March. The kids were all dressed as Macabees. So, without further ado, here is a picture of Kit onstage. This picture happened to be the moment that he saw Roger in the crowd - Roger had been away overnight to a funeral and we all met up at the program this morning, so he was very excited to see his daddy.
And, now, here is Kit and his older two-year old class doing their thing. Please remember to pause the player on the right so you can hear the kids singing.

Next, Jed and his Pre-K class did a song called How Many Candles Do We Light? I managed a few pictures of him before they started singing. I love the hats - the Rabbi called them Hanukkah Moose! If you can't tell, Jed is on the far left.
Here he's in the center - and clearly having a good time (this was taken after their performance).
And, now, once again, heeerrree's Jed! Oh, and I should mention that you'll notice him blinking a lot - he told me that the glitter from his hat was falling into his eyes. Costumes - what can you do??!! Hopefully, you've left the music paused so you can hear the video...

Then, there were the after parties. Roger and I decided to divide and concur - he went with Kit, and I went with Jed. So, the pictures are only of Jed's party. We had potato latkes, Greek salad (of course!), ice cream, doughnuts, and some veggies and fruit. Jed was pretty excited about the whole day - hard to tell, huh?
I should end this post here, however, I would like to tell you - because Roger and I thought it was so funny - that Jed grabbed my camera and took some pictures (mostly of the only girl in his class - surprise, surprise). Then, he wanted to do a video too. So, I showed him how, but I didn't think that he actually took one. That was until I downloaded my camera tonight and got a good laugh. Jed did, in fact, video some of his party. He shot some of the party, and then a lady started talking to him (I believe she was the school nurse), and his video is basically like a 2-minute crotch shot.... I guess when you're 4, it's all a matter of perspective.

And, on that note, I'll end this post by wishing everyone out there a very Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

1 comment:

Dottie said...

A friend of mine said he wasn't celebrating Christmas, so I just sent him a Happy Chanuka package...this reminds me of that...