While we are far from getting "moved in," we at least feel like we are making some progress even though it might not be visibly apparent to the naked eye...even ours. We continue to discover damage to our furniture and goods (a cracked futon frame, several pieces of broken glass, etc.), but we keep opening it, hoping for the best. We're taking our Red Gum bed to a furniture repair place tomorrow and crossing our fingers that they can transform it into a functional piece of furniture. The man was optimistic on the phone, but he was only responding to the information that I gave him...
Roger got the tire replaced on Valfrid on Saturday morning, and his replacement eyeglasses are waiting for him to pick up tomorrow. Things are starting to come together - and just in time! Our dining set arrives this Saturday, and then all will be complete...we just have to assemble it! Yikes!
The boys are still doing well. They have turned the family room into a play room - something that will definitely need to be changed if we EVER find the futon screws!! (Yeah, did I mention that they completely disassembled the futon in Berlin, and we have found every piece EXCEPT the screws!!!) Kit was running around, as usual, last night while we had the kitchen man here (we're hoping to re-do our kitchen), and he (Kit) somehow fell against the sharp corner of the futon arm and he cut the inside part of his ear. I know it must have hurt like the dickens, and he howled and screamed (another indication as this child has a pain threshold like no one I have ever seen). There was blood, and I was worried - checked on him quite a bit after he went to sleep. But, he seems fine today - telling me, "Mommy, you need to be careful with my ear." So sweet...perhaps I should just outfit him in full protective gear the moment he walks in the door!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Might I suggest one of those red suits police and military wear while training, or maybe just stick them in a bubble. (They can become the new bubble boys)
Shannon
Post a Comment